The travel and tourism program gives you a thorough understanding of the structure, nature and operating characteristics of the international tourism industry, using a combination of academic and practical learning, industry-focused studies.
You will learn about issues related to the travel and tourism industries, such as visitor attractions, tour operators, travel agents, transportation for tourism, and government and tourism.
Field programs offer courses such as tourism and hospitality marketing, food service management, brand management, travel law, international travel, hospitality and tourism management, sustainability in hospitality and tourism, operational management, corporate finance, and the travel and tourism economy.
To get a tourism degree, students usually take the necessary general business courses and decide on the program path in various fields such as hospitality management, tourism management, or related fields. In most tourism degree programs, students take all necessary and elective courses, complete an internship, and complete their studies with a comprehensive capstone course that includes practicum and / or research papers.
20 Guidelines for Ranking the Best Tourism Degree Programs:
- Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business (Phoenix, AZ)
- Brigham Young University Hawaii (Laie, HI)
- Drexel University, Goodwin College School of Technology and Professional Studies (Philadelphia, PA)
- Florida International University, Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management (University Park, FL)
- George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
- George Washington University (Washington, DC)
- Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)
- Johnson & Wales University (Providence, RI)
- New York University (New York, NY)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Henrietta, NY)
- Saint Leo University (St. Leo, FL)
- Temple University, School of Tourism and Hospitality Management (Philadelphia, PA)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, TX)
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL)
- University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI)
- University of Massachusetts (Amherst, MA)
- University of New Hampshire (Durham, NH)
- University of North Texas, College of Merchandising, Hospitality, & Tourism (Denton, TX)
- University of Southern Maine (Portland, ME)